vegan banana muffins
I don’t know what to call these – I made them to have a vegan alternative for the banana bread I was making for one of our meetings. They have turned out great, so I thought I’d write the recipe down before I forget. It’s based on our treasurer’s vegan blueberry muffin recipe.
- 275g flour
- 175g unrefined sugar
- 2tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 160ml non-dairy (soy or oat) milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup squashed very ripe banana
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the vegetable oil, milk, banana and vanilla essence in a jug then add the mixture to the dry ingredients. DO NOT overmix – it should just be combined.
- Put the mixture in muffin cases (makes 9ish depending on how big you like your muffins).
- Cook in preheated oven at 200C/400F for 18-24 mins.